Maybe, because people are spending more than ever before in the quest to look younger and more attractive. A new report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) found that Americans spent $16 billion on cosmetic plastic surgery and minimally invasive procedures in 2016.
The most popular surgical procedures and their national average costs were:
- Breast augmentation — more than 290,000 procedures at a cost of about $3,700 each;
- Liposuction — about 235,000 procedures at $3,200;
- Nose reshaping — 223,000 procedures at $5,000;
- Tummy tuck — almost 128,000 procedures at around $5,800;
- Buttock augmentation — nearly 19,000 procedures at about $4,400.
But what if you’re lacking that Kardashian cash? Are there ways you can boost your looks without emptying your wallet?
The most popular minimally invasive cosmetic procedures and their national average costs were:
- Wrinkle treatment injections (botulinum toxin type-A, or Botox) — 7 million procedures at a cost of $385 each,
- Hyaluronic acid fillers — 2 million procedures at $644 each;
- Chemical peel — 1.3 million procedures at $673 each;
- Microdermabrasion — 775,000 procedures at $138 each;
- Laser treatments — more than 650,000 procedures at $433 each.
The cost of most procedures went up from 2015 to 2016. The only exception was the national average cost of breast augmentation surgery. This surgery was nearly 3 percent cheaper, the report found.
Read more at: http://www.webmd.com/beauty/news/20170412/americans-are-spending-billions-nipping-and-tucking